Trail Carolina, located in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina, is a program aiming to foster personal, mental health and healing. It is a wilderness therapy programme arranged for their transformative effects on disturbed youths. But not all wilderness program experiences are equally good. Trails Carolina Horror Stories are disturbing narratives associated with the abusive behaviour of the staff. Trail Carolina Stories are also based on the paranormal activities faced by the clients in the hazardous conditions.
What is wilderness therapy programme?
Wilderness therapy programme is a mental health treatment for the non adaptive or unfit adolescents. It is also called outdoor behavioural healthcare designed to address problem behaviours by fostering personal, emotional, social growth.
The main aim for the therapy is to provide stability and improved mental health and social behaviour among youths. Below are points which you can look at once.
- Intercession and treatment of problem behaviours.
- Therapeutic assessment
- Safety and equilibrium
Fascinating facts you need to know before enrolling for Wilderness Therapy
- Change with the help of environment – Wilderness therapy occupies participants in the natural surrounding as a therapeutic event to introspect and notice every detail change.
- Challenging experiences – The environment lets the client rediscover yourself by means of challenging experiences. This will enhance the growth of mindset, mental stability, and self-efficacy.
- Therapy – Individual or group therapy sessions provide individual improvements dynamically as well as interpersonal relationships with friends and families.
- Healthy relationships – Living in a group amidst all the lap of nature provides opportunities for clients to develop healthy relationships.
- Coping strategies – The educational curriculum is made in such a way that the client can develop skills and mastery. The staff focuses on developing skills and introspection for students.
The benefitted facts of Wilderness Therapy:
- Improved mental, emotional, behavioural and social health through rigorous clinical assessment.
- Developing healthy coping strategies that help in the change of attitude and interpersonal behaviour.
- Self-efficacy development
- Improved family relationships
Types of Wilderness Therapy Program
When focusing on Wilderness Therapy Program, there are of two types:
- Nomadic Wilderness Therapy Model – In this model, the students are given a true wilderness experience of 24/7. Students are taken out in the field and remain there for the duration of the therapeutic stay. Hygiene, staff shift changes and food supplies are taken care of.
- Basecamp Wilderness Therapy Model – The therapy model focuses on limiting distractions and anticipating natural consequences. Most of the basecamp wilderness therapy is based on adventure therapy.
Wilderness Therapy Programme is one of the most suitable arrangements for the youth to rediscover himself and to improve their mental, personal and social health. The two types of program are based on the clients need and dependency on the situation of their mental health. It is surely recommended to visit the Wilderness Therapy Program for improving your mental health and stability.